Customers who wish to upgrade to newer technology and still retail the portability of the CR-400 series, can opt for the CM-700d series, also with advanced “Stand Alone” features, but limited to Reflectance Measurements only. The CM-700 Series, also has very good IIA with the CR-5 Colorimeter, allowing a mix of portable and bench-top solutions in one arena. Our food customers particularly like this ability for field and factory comparisons.
So what can you expect if upgrading from a CR-400 to a CM-700d?
- Full spectral data
- Connectivity to your existing NX software if already in place
- Improved short term and long term reproducibility
- Improved Inter Instrument Agreement (IIA)
- Blue Tooth Connectivity
- Colour Display Screen
- Stand Alone Mode operation, also with battery or mains.
- Acceptable to the Auto manufacturing industry
- Additional small (3mm Ø) aperture
And further features if you move to a CR-5
- Compatible Colour Space with a CM-5 or CM-700d (No full spectral data is displayed on a CR-5)
- Versatile accessories
- Transmittance Measurement
- Connectivity to NX Software
- Easy to use Set Up Wizard
- Gardner, Hazen/APHA, Iodine standards included
- Very easy to use top port measurement capability
- Wide range of accessories
As there are some differences in Geometry between the CR-400 Series and the other d8 Instruments, one issue is comparing Absolute Values.
While it is always more prudent to compare colour DIFFERNCE values, users who look at absolute values will see the same colours will have different values, which may lead to confusion.
It is very difficult to visualise a numerical value difference, but by using a TARGET / SAMPLE strategy, the DIFFERENCE, regardless of the values, remains the same. Its a bit like measuring kilometres and miles. The distance is the same, the values are not.