My Instrument has just come back from Certification, why are my readings different ?
- The instrument settings that you use for measurements and your measurement data are your responsibility to know and keep safe.
- Did you note your instrument settings prior to the certification?
- Return your instrument to the settings that are required for your application.
- In Spectramagic NX:
- Click on the “Instrument” and “Instrument Settings” menu and “Data” and “Observer and Illuminant” menu
- Instrument menus vary, you should check:
- Measurement Type: Reflectance / Transmission / Petri / Liquid
- Specular component: SCI/SCE
- Measurement area (SAV/MAV/LAV)
- Illuminant e.g. D65, F11, C
- Norm Observer Angle 2 degrees or 10 degrees
Helpful Hints to Restore Your Settings:
- Always note your own settings before sending your instrument to our Narich (Pty) Ltd service centre – this is YOUR information
- It is important to check within your own organisation what settings have been specified, however, these are some tips to get you back on track:
- When using a Petri mask (CM / CR-5), set your instrument to the “Petri” setting
- When using a glass cell on the reflectance setting (with standard mask) set the specular component to SCE
- Other settings may be instrument and application dependant.